Monday, April 20, 2009

Rainy Days & Mondays...


Friday, while I was enjoying the last day of my vacation in Florida, I got a text from my mom asking if I wanted to go to the Yankee game on Monday night.

Obviously, she already knew the answer.

I almost never go out on Monday nights from January-May because the great Jack Bauer occupies my night from 9-10pm, but the only reason I'll settle for tivoing Jack is if there's a Yankee game to go to.

I'm always excited to see the Yankees play, but the chance to go see the new stadium when I didn't think I'd get there until May or June was even more exciting.

Until I got the weather report... Rain is supposed to start Monday morning and increase in heaviness by the 7:05 game time.

GREAT. Not to mention after days of warm spring temperatures in NJ, it has reverted back to mid-40's and is going to barely reach 50. Did I mention it's supposed to be windy too?

Definitely not the ideal conditions to go see a baseball game. In some way, I'm kind of hoping they rain out the game rather early in the afternoon, so that I don't have to drive to the Bronx just to be told no baseball will be played tonight. And hopefully, they schedule the make up for Thursday when both teams have off because I am not quite sure that Oakland comes back for the rest of the year.

Needless to say this is not how I envisioned my first visit to the new ballpark. Maybe the weather gods will side with me and hold off on all that rain, but the Doppler radar would suggest otherwise, and if that's the case, let's call it early and save it for a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment