Thursday, September 16, 2010

To Be Who You Is, You Gotta Be Who You Are...

Let me start off by saying there is a lot of awesome new music out right now, which is making life a little more tolerable. The Goo Goo Dolls new CD "Something for the Rest of Us" is a really good listen. With the exception of two tracks I love it. It's nowhere near "Dizzy Up the Girl", but it's slowly creeping into second place. Sara Bareilles, one of my favorite female piano players/singer/songwriters new CD Kaleidoscope Heart is also a good listen. I've only listened through about four times and while I like her first CD "Little Voice" better, there are still some really awesome tracks on it. Michael Buble's new single "Hollywood" is one of those songs that you find yourself tapping your foot to without even realize it. I'm definitely looking forward to new music from Maroon 5 and Rascal Flatts in the near future. Music really makes the day a lot better.

School and work have been crazy and I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to get stuff done. I really like my managing community healthy systems class... I actually feel like I can apply some of work experience to the class. My financial management class is a nightmare. My brain just doesn't compute numbers very well and to try and do that at 6 o'clock at night after I've been at work all day is not a good situation. Luckily, my friend Joe teaches finance so he's been really helpful. I can write papers or read book after book, but numbers and I aren't friends. Hopefully Joe will be able to translate for me, otherwise I'm in trouble.

So the stair master is my new best friend. I hate it but I'm trying to love it. On Tuesday I managed to do 10 minutes on there which if you've ever been on a stair master you know feels like a lot longer. I decided to do a full body work out after that which was good...tiring but I felt good. Today I managed another 10 minutes but at level 3. I get through it by reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels on my Kindle while I climb and I tell myself it will all pay off in the end. I followed up with 10 minutes on the treadmill and some abs. I also hit one of the standing heavy bags in the aerobics room for a few minutes but it didn't feel as good as when I hit the focus mitts. I need to find a new boxing partner because I am missing it like crazy. I never thought I would love boxing as much as I do but it's such a rush to hit something stationary that can't hit you back. I've been told I may have some rage issues but I just chalk it up to good old fashioned aggression.

I've been working really hard to control my sugar intake. It's soooo hard! You'd be surprised how much sugar is in things you'd never think. I've been eating oatmeal with just a bit of brown sugar and LOTS of chicken. I wish I could get into cottage cheese, but I just don't like it. I LOVE the Greek yogurt I eat, but I'm trying not to eat it as often given the fact that it has at least 13 grams of sugar. Apparently lemon juice helps burn calories and just a few drops in water can help get the job done so I've been doing that too.

I wish I could just flip a switch and not love food so much, but it's just not possible. I wish that I didn't love to cook so much, but it is what it is and I've just gotta deal. There are just so many things I wanna make right now. It's coming into apple season so I wanna make apple pie and apple crisp. I also wanna learn how to make potato soup and chicken murphy. So I'll make the various sacrifices that I have to so I can enjoy just a little bit of those culinary delights!

A guy came into work yesterday and he was cute and I couldn't help but notice he was in good shape, but he had a very small waist and all I could think about what how I'd have to never eat again to have a waist that small. Sometimes I feel like guys only like girls with perfect bodies, but I'd like to hope that's not true. Still, I'm determined to work hard and look better than I do. It's good to have goals!

Well, I'm definitely ready for the weekend. I'm hoping the Yankees can take the series in Baltimore and regain their spot in first place. Everyone needs to step it up. I can't believe the season is winding down. I do love October baseball, but I hate to see it end. I'm gonna try to get some pictures up soon. I know it's been awhile... Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Until next time...

Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment