Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Making Strides...

I can't believe it's already the middle of October! Where does the time go? Last night I went to see the Goo Goo Dolls at the Wellmont Theater in Montclair with my cousin. UNREAL. Getting to see them in a small theater setting was really cool. It felt like we were right on top of them. They have been one of my favorite bands for 15 years now and like my cousin said even all these years later songs of theirs that we liked at age 10, 12, 15 we still love now. That's the mark of a good band.

I'm happy to say despite my intense soreness after my full body work out last Tuesday I was able to lift again... just not until Saturday morning. I'm proud that I pushed myself, but I probably should've said something at the time. There's pushing yourself and then there's taking it too far and being sore for 3 days is taking it too far.

I think what makes this whole thing even more difficult is that I'm working with someone that's trying to get to know me, and I'm trying to get him. I don't want to seem like I'm complaining or trying to tell him how to do his job, but at the same time I know myself slightly better. After going back and forth over it in my head several times, tonight when I saw Joe I told him how sore I'd been and that maybe doing arms and legs for EVERY exercise was probably not the best way to go since I need to function in a reasonable amount of time. Luckily, he was really cool about it. He agreed that I definitely shouldn't be sore for that long and that we could definitely modify the work out so that I wasn't in so much pain, which I greatly appreciated. We did mostly an upper body work out but also focused on using the core, but I do think lifting my arms to put my hair up in a pony tail is going to be a problem tomorrow. At least I can sit to pee without any problems.

I wrote down my measurements and body fat that got taken 3 weeks ago. As much as I hate numbers I figured it was probably a good idea to post them so I can see the progress...

Body Fat: 31.8%
Hips: 42 1/2 inches
Right Thigh: 22 1/2 inches
Waist: 33 1/2 inches
Shoulders: 41 inches
Right Bicep: 11 1/2 inches

My best numbers were 2 years ago... body fat was 23.5 %, hips were 39, waist was the same as were my thighs and biceps. Today when I checked my body fat it was down to 30.4% so I gotta take that as a good sign that I'm doing something right! Still have a long way to go, but I'll definitely take the progress. My current schedule doesn't help me get into the gym any more often, but I'm making a good effort. As much as I don't like the numbers, they have been a lot worse and they can only improve!

Well, Game 4 of the ALCS is giving me chest pain. We started off so well and it went down hill so quick. Our bats aren't coming alive when we need them to and our pitching can't seem to hold it all together. To make matters worse, Mark Teixeira suffered a hamstring injury tonight & I'm not a doctor, but I can tell you it didn't look pretty. We certainly don't need him out, but it looks like that might be the case. Yankees are mustering an 8th inning rally! Time to go cheer on my boys! Until next time...

Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment