Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Push...

Happy 2011 everyone! I hope that everyone enjoyed the holidays. I definitely did which is why there has been such a delay in posts. Santa was very good to me... I got my very own punching bag & a kick ass set of boxing gloves that I can't wait to use! Danny has already headed back to his base in California & in less than 5 days Chris & John go back to the caribbean so I'm trying to make the most of the time.

Despite the extra opportunities for eating non healthy food & drinking, I have to say I've been pretty solid on my program. I even went to the gym on Christmas Eve to get a last minute cardio session in before two straight days of eating. Portion control has been something that I keep in the front of my mind at all times. Since there was so much food, I decided to break things in half or eat a small amount at a time. My aunt makes this killer pepperoni bread & on NYE I had to remind myself eating half of it was enough. It's really difficult when something tastes SO good to just have a little bit isn't easy. Still, I have to remind myself the ultimate goal & stick to small portions.

My work outs have been going well even though Joe's obsession with the number 15 is starting to get to me. It's always a good sign when you're dripping sweat, right? Unfortunately, my shoulder has been bothering me for several weeks now & I've kept that from Joe because I didn't want to seem like I was being a wuss. I hate looking weak & saying I can't do something because of a nagging pain. I know structurally there is nothing wrong my with shoulder... my bones are all where they're supposed to be & nothing is torn, but despite that, it still hurts. It very well could be a very big knot or a pinched nerve or both, but either way it's hanging around a lot longer than I would've liked. I've been spending a lot of time with the heating pad & Icy/Hot patches are my new best friend.

Yesterday, I finally broke down & told Joe that my shoulder has been giving me trouble so rather than do the regularly scheduled focus on upper body work out, we did a full body work out & tried not to aggravate my shoulder too much. It seems right now just about everything aggravates it, but I'm determined to push through & keep going. Joe advised that I try to go for a massage to maybe work out whatever has tightened up within my shoulder blade. There is nothing more I would like right now than a day at a spa, but I really haven't had the time to do that. I'm thinking of taking a day off next week before the semester starts up again & a massage just might have to go on the agenda.

Tomorrow I'll hit the gym & probably again on Saturday. The weekend will be full of birthday & farewell celebrations aka lots of food & alcohol, but I'm determined to remain controlled. Weigh in is less than 2 weeks away & I won't get off my path. Jessica Biel body here I come!

Until next time!

Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment