Monday, June 7, 2010

I Don't Like Mondays...

Mondays are absolutely brutal. I woke up feeling the soreness from yesterday's work out. I always take that as a good sign but it doesn't feel too good. I was determined to up my protein intake so I started the day off with some eggs and a Greek yogurt. Lunch was some chicken and salad followed by some fruit later in the day.

Today was cardio day, my least favorite day of working out. I just can't get excited about running on a treadmill or being on an elliptical. Still, it had to be done. I usually barely make it through 15 minutes of cardio mostly because I'm bored but today I pushed myself to 22 minutes between the treadmill and elliptical. I've been dealing with a little bit of a knee issue so that has kind of been limiting the amount of incline I've been doing. My breathing was a lot better than it's been so I was happy about that. For anyone who has been over weight before, running is the bane of our existence. When we used to have run the "Mile" in gym I used to seriously want to cry. A mile seemed like an eternity of running and I could never handle it. I would almost always finish last or close to it and I hated the feeling of my lungs burning. It wasn't until I was 15 that someone pointed out to me that I was running on my toes rather than my heels which was putting more pressure on my shins/knees. I'd like to think if that had been pointed out to me sooner maybe it wouldn't have been so bad...maybe. I still get the lung burning feeling but it's not nearly as bad. I guess that's something to be glad about.

After the cardio and some stretching I did a light ab routine. I head to Florida in 2 weeks so I'm really trying to behave myself. Tonight for dinner I made steak, asparagus salad and eggplant caponata (sauteed eggplant in a tomato sauce). There are always so many things I want to make. I think that's what makes "being good" even harder. I've been having a craving for pie so I started thinking about the kinds of pies I could make...but then I reminded myself Miami is just 2 weeks away. Finished the night off with some fruit instead of the cookies and cream ice cream that has been calling to me from the freezer. Tomorrow is my big lifting day which means I get to eat some heavy carbs at dinner... YAY! It's sad when the thought of eating carbs makes me that happy. Time for some sleep...until tomorrow...
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment