Thursday, June 17, 2010

Running on Empty...

If I were to say this has been the week from hell I don't think that would do it justice. Aside from being insanely busy at work yesterday was one of those days when EVERYTHING was my fault. That's one of the downfalls of working for your father. I just felt like nothing I was doing was right and I get tired of hearing how I'm the one that constantly needs to readjust my way of being. Thankfully, I have some amazing people in my life that allow me to complain & vent whenever I need to. You know who you are :)

Okay, so like I said...insane schedule this week. I lifted on Monday which was great, but I haven't had the time to fit the gym in any other day this week. And the worst part is today I was out of control hungry. I ate a yogurt for breakfast, chicken club on wheat bread with a little mayo for lunch and then I started thinking about all the things that I wanted to eat like a salami sandwich, an egg and cheese on a roll with ketchup, soft chocolate on a cone, a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese. See, that's the problem when you LOVE food. Every item I mentioned is completely different but all deliciously good in their own right. Luckily, I fought the impulse to eat any of that stuff. I ate a piece of cheese and a forkful of rice and peas when I get home. I went and had dinner with my dad...had some turkey, black bean and corn chili followed by a burger (no bun) topped with blue cheese, bacon, and bbq sauce. Sounds weird but when I tell you it's worth trying believe me. Let me also say that I'm normally repulsed by turkey as a substitute for beef or pork but this turkey chili does taste just like beef. I've been trying to add just a little more fat to my diet in hopes of satiating my hunger. Today nothing is working so I've just gotta chalk it up to being a chick. To the ladies reading this blog you know what I'm talking about there are just days when your hormones just make you want to eat certain things and you just can't help it. I have also learned that if you have a craving for something it's better to have it and get it over with rather than let it build up and then pig out on it.

It's slightly after 10, the Yankees are losing so I'm planning on calling it an early night. There is some homework I can be doing but I'm too exhausted to make my brain work much more. I leave for Miami on Saturday...don't have a thing packed. I'm so looking forward to having 4 days of no work. I will do an update from Miami. I always hit the gym there despite how depressing it is to see all those people with their fabulous bodies. Seeing people like that makes me never want to eat again but then all the fabulous Miami restaurants make me remember just why I love food so much. This is what makes it a struggle every single day.

I got a message on facebook from an old friend telling me that I've been slacking on my blogs. It made me feel really good that people ARE actually reading this blog! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I'm sorry for the lack of updates this week... just been swamped with homework and feeling exhausted. I'm gonna try to get some cardio in tomorrow and then get ready for Miami!
Until we meet again...
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment