Monday, June 14, 2010

Not Enough Hours In the Day

Well the weekend came and went in the blink of an eye and it's the start of another week. There are always so many things I want to get done and there just never is enough time for all of them. I've been writing a book for the past year or so and I wish I could say that it was finished. Life gets in the way & I don't necessarily have the time to sit and write the way that I want...not to mention I'm old school so I hand write everything out before I type it. Perhaps that sounds strange in this age of technology but it's just something I've always done. I have 2 weeks left of my summer class and the amount of work due each week is just ridiculous. So much for it being summer!

Last week I finished strong with a killer work out on Friday. I am determined to get my back into Hilary Swank like shape so I increased the back exercises. I've also been trying to get my lungs into better shape so that I can get through longer boxing combinations. I like to do a set of exercises, box and do it in a continuous cycle. I survived it pretty well this week so I felt like that was a step forward. One of these days I'm gonna figure out how to take pictures of my boxing session. I never thought that I could ever box or that I would love it. It all started out as a joke about me just wanting to hit something and it turned into me absolutely falling in love with it. I am not a coordinated person so trying to get me to throw multiple punches at one time was quite the challenge. We won't even mention my inability to move and throw a punch at the same time (scary stuff). Over time, I started to get the hang of it and now I hate when I miss out on boxing. There's just something exhilarating about being able to get our all your frustrations on a bag.

I took Saturday and Sunday to recoop. Unfortunately, Sunday was my sister's birthday and my other sister's graduation party so needless to say not exactly a good day of eating. I can tell you it all tasted really good but I doubt my hips are happy about it. This morning I woke up late so all I managed to get in was a yogurt...skipped the snack, had a chicken BLT on whole wheat with a little mayo for lunch, fruit for snack and a piece of cheese before heading to the gym.

I was feeling really tired and it was an insane day at work but I managed to get myself to the gym. I had a good circuit and focused on a lot of pulling type exercises today trying to get my back and my core taken care of at the same time. I did some assisted pull-ups...I never thought I'd be able to do a pull up in my life. I can remember being in grammar school and when we had to do the physical fitness tests and doing pull-ups was one of the requirements. What overweight 9 year old girl wants to be tortured trying to do a pull-up? I could barely hold myself up on the bar! So embarrassing! Assisted pull-ups though are pretty cool. I started out having to use like 130lbs of weight as the assist...I'm down to 85lbs now :)

I came home and sauteed some veal, made an asparagus salad with some tomatoes and mozzarella, and a little bit of risotto with some peas for dinner. Had to make my heavy carb be enjoyable. And let me tell you it was mighty tasty. Getting to the gym the rest of the week is going to be tough just because of my schedule, but I'm going to make an attempt. I leave for Miami in 4 days so I'm really trying to behave. Finishing off the night with a Greek yogurt and hopefully getting to sleep before midnight. Below are some of my recent work out pictures. I want to use them for when I get my back where I want it to be as a means of comparison. Until we meet again...signing off...
Marisa

Some 2 handed swings...

Ugly face I'm making but 1 handed rows are awesome!

Working those muscles! (Trying to!)
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment