Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Long Day's Journey Into Night

For most people, Wednesday is hump day... the middle of the week and one more day closer to the weekend. For me, Wednesdays are my longest day of the week. I usually leave the house around 730am, work from 745 until about 430, head to my dad's for dinner, drop my grandma off at home and end up back home usually before 8 pm. Needless to say by the time I get home, I don't want to do anything.

This morning I was out of bed before 6:30, which is never easy, but I was determined to make myself eggs to go along with my breakfast. Tuesday was my heavy lifting program and usually the day after that I am STARVING. Without fail, this morning when I woke up I was feeling the hunger so I had 2 egg whites and 1 egg scrambled with some cheese and a Greek yogurt. I figured that would hold me over, but alas, by 930 my stomach was screaming for food again. I managed to back away from the 2 boxes of munchkins that the pharmaceutical reps brought in, and only had a half of a corn muffin I made. For lunch I had some left over chicken, sausage and peppers that I made for dinner the other night. I steered away from the potatoes at the bottom of the tupper ware in an effort to try and eat less carbs. Why are carbs SO good & so damaging at the same time? If broccoli were a carb, there would be far less people on carb free diets. I am completely fine admitting that I am a carb addict... give me a potato, pasta, rice or bread and I'm a happy girl. Of course those things don't agree with my hips so I try to avoid it when possible.

Dinner was some London broil, salad, and corn on the cob. I did have a few fries (My dad has this awesome potato cutter that makes McDonald-like-fries...pretty hard to pass up.) The meal was made complete by a glass of red wine. I am not one of those people that believes in completely cutting out alcohol. Being Italian means learning to have a love for wine so wine is almost as important as food is in my family. I thoroughly enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner and that's not something I'm willing to give up so if that means a few extra minutes of the treadmill or some extra crunches I'm okay with that.

I got home a little before 8 and did a quick ab work out. I have become slightly obsessive over my abs. It's almost bathing suit season and I don't know about everyone else but it feels like you are more on display in a bathing suit than in regular clothes and you feel like everyone can see EVERY fat roll and every ounce of cellulite you have on your body. I always hated wearing a two piece because it wasn't exactly flattering...now I feel a little bit better about it but I definitely feel slightly paranoid that everyone is looking at my mid section come summer time. There wasn't time for a full work out by the time I got home so the least I could do was get in an ab work out. I'm ending my night with some Greek yogurt even though I'd rather dive into the pint of Cookies and Cream in the freezer... Tomorrow is my give the body a rest day so that I can actually feel my body by Friday. Bed time absolutely beat so until next time...
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment